Wednesday, September 16, 2009

This Old (New) House

Since I haven't been posting regularly about the new house, a lot has been accomplished. Plumbing, electrical, insulation, masonry, hardwoods, drywall, paint priming - check, check, check! Although we continue to make our way through our to-do list, every week the checklist seems to grow longer! However, now many of the decisions are more fun as we start picking decorative details. And next week is closet organization systems - I cannot wait! Seriously.

It is amazing how a little sheetrock can make a house look like a house again!

Our huge kitchen!


The former hallway landing is now a laundry room and closet


The brick masons have finished taking bricks out and putting them in again


Bathroom floors are ready for tile


and the walls have been primed!


Onward to trim, tiles, and cabinets!

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

I can't wait to see the finished product. I laughed about the closets. That doesn't surprise me one bit. I would be thrilled as well!

Meredith said...

Are there any untouched rooms?? What a huge job! I know you can't wait to see the end result.