Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Card Fiasco

It is never a good sign when you receive an email that starts, "I'm sure you've already heard this from a bunch of people, but...."

This is how we discovered there had been a slight problem with our Christmas cards. The problem being that half the card was a Christmas greeting from our family and news that we were expecting a baby girl. The other side of the card was a Christmas greeting from the Deidrick family of Rancho Cucamonga and news that their baby boy had arrived. Not exactly what we intended.

Further investigation revealed a "printing error" of which the Deidricks and ourselves were not the only unfortunate recipients. The company promised to refund our money AND re-send all our cards a few days later. Some of our cards were correct. Some were shared with the Deidricks. And some people have not received a card at all. After my initial frustration (read: fury), I was able to giggle about the mistake. Yet my irritation is resurfacing since the second batch of cards has still not been delivered and Christmas is a week away. Therefore, here is a digital sampling for all those up to date on the Deidricks instead of the Richards family!

Christmas 2010




At least I can blame the card company for any accidental omissions this year!
And congratulations to the Deidricks on the birth of their son, Heath.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I meant to tell you I was really disappointed to get a perfectly normal Christmas card from you. Had it included the Deidrick's address it would have been fun to send them a card!

Nicole M said...

This post made me laugh hysterically! You'll be relieved to know we received our beautiful and corrected card with sweet Max on the front and your actual greeting on the back a few days ago. :)

Love y'all and can't wait to see y'all Sunday.

And I'm still so stoked about Heath.

Love,
Nicole