Saturday, December 18, 2010

Winter Quacks

On the day that I went into labor with Max, I went shopping and purchased a pair of blue flannel pajamas covered with ducks. We have always teased Jason about walking like a duck and I thought they would make him laugh. After Max's unexpected arrival the following day, my kind sister rushed to my home to wash several sets of pajamas, including the ducks, and brought them to me in the hospital. Thus, the duck pjs have been part of Max's life from the very beginning.

Recently, Max has grown quite enamored with the duck pajamas. He insists that I put them on every night. He has even been waking up during the night and asking if I have them on! He cries, I stumble sleepily to his room, and he asks, "You have the ducks on, Mama?" I answer affirmatively and he rolls over and goes back to sleep. He also declares that my duck pajamas and his penguin pajamas "match". Although they are both blue with water fowl, I'm not exactly aware of the correlation.

Max was delighted when I came home recently with a NEW pair of duck pajamas. These are pink flannel and we discussed how the blue ducks were for Max and the pink ones are for his new baby sister. He was quite pleased and pronounced that I could commence wearing the pink ones as well. No sense wasting duck season waiting on another baby to arrive!

No comments: