Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"Cry of Freedom" by Frank

I have recently been released on parole from my imprisonment. My period of confinement gave me much time to reflect upon what went wrong in my quest to depose the baby usurper. I will admit that I plotted against the Baby and all that he represented. I was determined to maintain my status as ruler of the Household. My life has changed greatly since the arrival of the Baby. First, I was exiled from the Bedroom where I had so happily slept upon the soft cushioned bed and the legs of my people (Mommy and Daddy). Then my people deserted me to support the Rule of Baby. However, Bean remained loyal and assisted me during my struggle. It was not enough though, and I was caught and jailed after several attempts to assassinate the Baby. The first weeks were extremely difficult. I lost weight, growing gaunt and weak. I became depressed and contemplated ending it all with a dash out the door and onto the street. Yet, I could not deprive my soldiers of my leadership. I knew I must remain a role model for them and demonstrate how to handle adversity! 

Recently, the Baby and I have reached a tentative detente. He allowed me out of jail temporarily as part of a work release program. Oh how that little pipsqueak humbled me! I am forced to offer myself as a sacrifice whenever he is upset or wants entertainment. I am a jester at his command.  The indignity. But, I have earned my freedom. I once again rule over the Bedroom at night while the Baby sleeps.  Frank's time will come again....one day......

No comments: