This weekend has been like a repeat of several summer weekends put together, leaving me with a feeling of deja vu. First up, on Saturday morning Jason took Max to the Farmers Market just like we did two weeks ago. (The pictures are from his first trip) Jason patiently explained the various fruit and veggies before letting Max help pick out some yummy blueberries, tomatoes, snap peas, and fresh pasta!
Jason had "Daddy duty" this Saturday while I participated in the Run 2 Overcome, a 5k to support a recent victim of sexual assault. It had an amazing turnout of a 1000 people, but it was brutal. I ran (haha, kidding)...I walked, but it was all uphill! In the August heat! Afterwards, my mom, my sister, my grandmother and I went to lunch and to see Mamma Mia. Then we finally got to visit with my cousin Adriane who is pregnant with a precious baby girl!
Since Jason had entertained Max during the day, he decided to meet some friends for the baseball game that night. Deja vu, part duex. We took Max to his first game a few weeks ago, where he was reunited with his two favorite girls, Sofia and Wesa. Be proud, Auntie Beckers, he seemed very excited about the game!
However, while Jason was at the game, I experienced the worst part of my deja vu weekend: food poisoning. Jason had unfortunately gotten it when we went to a Mexican restaurant the night before the 4th of July, thus ruining our plans for the holiday. My case was not as severe, but still very unpleasant. Luckily, I was able to get Max to bed before running for the bathroom. Ugh. Not the best end to an otherwise fun day. However, I have a lot to look forward to in the coming week, including spending next weekend at the lake with my best friends! I'm counting the days!
No comments:
Post a Comment