Monday, November 24, 2008

"Paradise Lost" by Frank

Recently, I foolishly began to hope and dream once again. 

First, there was a massive celebration for the Baby creature. I was disgusted by the outpouring of resources, energy, and affection...all bestowed upon that thing instead of me. Worse yet, Bean and I were jailed throughout the fesitivites! Perhaps they sensed that I would plot an assisnation attempt during the royal inaguration? I was reduced to running around begging for scraps of attention after it was all over.


But redemption was in sight. Or so I thought. Just a few days ago, the Baby was removed from the home and the people remained! For one glorious night, it was just as it used to be. No doors were shut! Our food was in its customary spot! And I slept blissfully upon the legs of my people! No crying to awaken me early in the morn! Paradise found.

And paradise lost. My dream was shattered the following day. The Baby returned to much acclaim and excitement. Bean and I were once again cast aside. When will these people realize and accept the natural order? Me, as ruler and commander of the House with trusty Bean by my side, and the Baby exiled and never to return.

I dream a dream.....

No comments: