From the beginning, I had planned to nurse Max for his first year or as long as he was interested. His interest has not decreased, so Mommy is giving him a nudge of encouragement to make the split. I am proud that we made it the whole year, and, hereby award myself a gold star for the achievement! There were times when it was not easy or comfortable, and times when I felt restricted by my decision to breastfeed and to not supplement. But those are all outweighed by the times of snuggling together...just me and Max. I already miss our special periods throughout the day.
Upon starting cups of whole milk, Max let us know that we were not fooling him. Gradually, we used some breast milk to sweeten the whole milk and ease the transition. Now, he is drinking plain milk without a problem. I am still astounded by the ease of opening the refrigerator to pour a cup from the container. So simple!
Max and I are continuing his final bedtime feeding. I'll do that one as long as he wants....well, maybe not. You won't find me on YouTube nursing an eight year old!
No comments:
Post a Comment