Dear Sarah,
We are getting dangerously close to your second birthday and the end of my monthly letters. I cannot believe my baby is almost two! I was so eager for you to arrive that I wanted to speed up time, but now I wish it would slow down because this age, this time is so precious. Your personality becomes more definitive each day, and I hope you can harness this confidence and keep it throughout your life.
![]() |
| First pigtails! |
Clearly, you are a baby genius - dastardly mastermind or benevolent ruler is still yet to be determined. Your Daddy brought you an ABC puzzle and it was mastered within a day. We were not surprised by your ability to manipulate the pieces because you have always exhibited superior fine motor skills, but you were also able to name a large percentage of the letters as you placed them in the correct spot. Matching items, especially stickers, is a favorite activity. You will pile the corresponding foam stickers on top of each other until the mountain teeters over, which produces gales of laughter. Play doh provides the perfect medium for your artistic talents and your lumpy sculptures are worthy of the Louvre!
Another significant change over the last month involves the tv. Although you were never interested before when Max was watching tv, now you not only pay attention but request your favorite shows: "Watch TV Mouse" for Mickey Mouse and "Watch Melmo, peeassseee!" for Elmo. Just one more example of how our parenting priorities have gone downhill with the second child. However it does mean that you already love the classic Disney characters, so I know you will be very excited about our spring trip to Disney World!
My elegant baby, you continue to perch precariously on one leg all the time, as well as walking on your toes. Instead of being graceful, these movements seem to produce more falls. Or maybe it is your oversize Buddha belly that tips you off balance. Your feet are super ticklish, but you love it when Max squeezes your toes for This Little Piggy. Actually you love anything Max does and you imitate his every move, especially in the bathtub.
![]() |
| Forgive your Mama for including this one! |
Love, Mommy








No comments:
Post a Comment