For weeks I have been looking forward to a party celebrating my friend Joyce, who has recently finished chemotherapy for breast cancer. Max and I were hanging out inside on Friday due to the dreary, cold weather when the hostess of the party called to see if I could pick up a last minute item. Sure, I told her, I'd be glad to grab it on Saturday before the party. I was just a wee bit shocked when she then informed me that the party was on
Friday night, not Saturday. Oops. And I was supposed to bring an appetizer and a special dessert. Double oops. So I tossed Max in his crib (lovingly of course) and begged him to take a nap so I could make cookies. These weren't just any cookies, these were lovely "breast" cookies! I had planned to use strawberries to create the..umm...center part, but didn't have any on hand. Fortunately, we had the other materials and I improvised with some craisins piled up in the middle. Jason got a big hug for running to pick up the other goodies after work and then doing Daddy duty on a different night than planned. The party was wonderful! Joyce is an amazing person and has handled a double mastectomy, chemotherapy, physical therapy, implants, and an upcoming hysterectomy with grace and an incredible attitude. All this in addition to caring for two beautiful toddlers! I hope the kids and her husband enjoyed the last few boobie cookies!
Since Jason unexpectedly had Saturday night free, he reminded me that it was only fair for him to get to go play with his friends. He's out enjoying a nice dinner (and hopefully not getting into trouble) with his gang. Jason is great about helping with Max and loves having "baby-time" with him so I cannot begrudge him some time out. But it feels like Jason and I have barely seen each other this weekend! I'm looking forward to our date night later this week when Grammy is back from the beach and ready for babysitting time.
Good luck to Josh and Darin (my nephews) who were hunting leprechauns today!
No comments:
Post a Comment