Friday, March 7, 2008

"Kitty Coup" by Baby Max


The Mis-Adventures of Frank and Bean, Part 1

Last night, the sneaky General Frank once again tried to usurp my power as Ruler of the House.  I first caught him lurking in my territory as I supped with my mother. He attempted to hide beneath my bed, but I informed Daddy of his presence and promptly had him expelled. He was back again soon, nosing his way into the room. Frank's identifying brown spot gave him away as I caught a glimpse of it and a striped tail disappearing into the closet. This time I told Mommy. She initially mistook my alarm as a burp, but I was able to point to the intruder. Once in bed, I was on high alert, waiting for Frank to make his move. It came around 11 pm as I heard him and his follower Bean leading a stampede in the hallway. They attacked at one end of the hall and then the other! The noise was astounding! They began to bombard my door in an effort to physically overtake me. I issued orders to my own army (Mommy and Daddy) with a few cries of displeasure. They were immediately on the defense, attempting to drive Frank and Bean into the lower level of the battlefield (downstairs). At first, they were unsuccessful. They captured Frank and isolated him from Bean. Bean was not to be deterred and offered a magnificent battle cry for his leader.  The battle continued for upward of 2 hours. Confident in my soldiers, I rested. By the time I broke my fast in the early morning, I was delighted to learn that my rule was secure. Mommy and Daddy praised my delightful baby-ness while cursing the infidels, Frank and Bean. Soon, I will seek to have them ejected from the house permanently and I will reign unchallenged!

No comments: