Monday, March 10, 2008

Precious Moments

As many of you know, motherhood has a lot of highs and lows....stinky diapers, middle of the night crying, and lack of ability to communicate are some lows that come to mind at the moment. But last night was definitely one of the highest highes for our new family. Max usually conks out right at bedtime, but the time change threw him a little off last night. After nursing, burping, and putting his sleep sack on, he was wide awake. Daddy started reading a story while I rocked him in the chair and Max began to stare at me with a look of absolute contentment. He then reached up his hand to stroke my face. He felt my nose, and my mouth, and gave a huge smile when I kissed his hand. I could literally see him making the connection of "This is my mommy and I am touching her". He gave several "goo"es and I could read in his face that he was trying to tell me he loved me. Max continued to do this for quite a while and I can honestly say that I don't think there has ever been a time when I felt as content or happy as I did with my family gathered around me in this little bubble of peace. I'm not usually such a sap, but it was a perfect, precious moment and reminded me of how blessed I am to have these two wonderful boys in my life!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I know that look, and I don't think you are a sap at all. I can completely understand your feelings, and I'm not even a mom. That connection is just amazing, isn't it?!

What a lovebug you are, Max!