Sunday, March 16, 2008

Kiss me, I'm Four Months Old!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
My sweet Max,

I can't believe another month has flown by! A few nights ago (and almost four months to the day) Daddy and I went to dinner at Northampton Wines, the restaurant we had dinner at on the night I went into labor. Mommy even had the same entree! Fortunately, there were no surprises later that evening like we had on the night you decided to come. Daddy still calls it our "Last Supper"! How incredible that four months have already passed.

This month you have accomplished a great deal.  You are moving all the time! You learned to roll over and you continue to kick non-stop. You've also started dancing! You like to rock out to 80s music, especially old school Michael Jackson...you love to groove to Billy Jean and Beat It. You've started sitting up in your Bumbo and can hold your head up well. While on your tummy, you are pushing up on your arms and look ready to crawl off the blanket! You are "talking" and making sounds, smiling and laughing. Your laugh sounds a lot like mine when I get excited, kind of gasping....heehee. 
You only weigh about 11 1/2 pounds, but I love your chubby, dimpled hands and the rolls of fat on your legs. I see so many people I love when I look at your sweet face. You still look a lot like your Daddy, especially from the side. You have your Grandpa Spalding's ears and bald spot. Great Grandma Beau thinks you also have some of your Great Grandma Spalding's red hair (what little is left). Your smile makes you look like me with little pouches under your eyes.

You love your swing, walking around, and things that dangle. You hate Vaseline, having your nails filed, and your hair being combed. When you are tired, you rub your hand on the hair above your ear and start sucking your thumb. You've mastered the thumb sucking, but you get greedy sometimes and want it and the pacifier at the same time! You sleep like I do with your arm up over your head or across your face. You are taking 3 naps a day and sleeping well at night. You've gone eleven hours straight through several times, but not with any consistency yet. You are still my snuggle bunny! So many of my friends say that their babies outgrow cuddling, but I hope you never do. I love when you burrow into me and let me hold you.
You are my best time of every day and  I love you. 
Love, Mommy

No comments: